Welcome

Welcome to EmmeNation
Where mind, body and spirit meet

Monday, March 7, 2011

Does Buying USA manufactured products matter to you?

I am about to get into clothing again and want to know your thoughts.  I'm feeling strongly I want to do a few things differently than before:

-produce what the demand without the overage and recycle.
-produce in the USA as much as I can.
-turn old factories into working factories again with an creative artist base as the anchor.
-I want to train and get single mothers (with on-site daycare a part of the package) back into the workforce by working in these refurbished factories.   Come to think about it, engage returning soldiers to manage the restoration and production project. 
-I want to tap the incredible resource of our newly retired class into these greenly refurbished factories isI want to have products made in the USA but am having a hard time finding these products.

Does sustainable production or buying in the USA excite you in any way?  Please Share.


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Good luck on your latest adventure, Emme! I'm looking forward to hearing more about it! We're with you, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine! Lets have some fun and dig in.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a great beginning!! I would love to see more clothing made in the USA so I can spend my fashion dollars at home and help our economy recover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Terri, would you do me a favor? share this blog with your girlfriends, let them share their comments here so I can share with those I am speaking to to move this along swiftly.
    Good to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ulla Popken's HQ is in Glen Arm, MD, but I'm not sure if the clothing is made there

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure either, I should look into it.
    Not Your Daughter's Jeans is USA made and doing extremely well.

    ReplyDelete