Welcome

Welcome to EmmeNation
Where mind, body and spirit meet

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Love, Loss, and What I Wore to Build for Habitat for Humanity - New York City


Yesterday, I traded in my stilettos and LBD for my role on the Off Broadway show, Love, Loss, and What I Wore, for a pair of Timberlands and a hard hat! The cast and crew of the show trekked from the West Side Theater to Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, to install sheetrock in affordable Habitat-NYC homes. We helped renovate an eight-unit building that will one day become affordable condominium homes for low-income working New York City families.

Habitat for Humanity is such an unbelievable organization and I am so glad I got to spend my day working with my fellow cast and crew on this amazing project. 





(Full Article)

Check Out Habitat for Humanity NYC to learn about their great cause and sign up to help out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment